Have an idea for a meeting session?
Thank you to our
Webinar: Crucial Conversations
International Course in Tissue Banking, Advanced Therapies and Blood Banking
Physician Payment Sunshine Act for Medical Devices
15-Week Interactive CTBS Training Course Begins
2013 Annual Meeting
Follow AATB anytime:
Chief Science Officer
The Chief Science Officer provides scientific advice and guidance to AATB and its member tissue banks. He/she provides scientific analysis and insight into the standards, guidance, and proposed regulations related to tissue banking on behalf of AATB.
The Chief Science Officer coordinates and develops the AATB science agenda working with the Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee, the appropriate Councils and AATB research partners. He/she directs the work of AATB research partners and projects.
- Ph.D. or M.D. in medicine or science-related field.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in medical research and development.
- Knowledge of science-based regulations, standards, tissue banking and transplantation preferred.
- Proven success in scientific grant development and grant management.
- Strong scientific technical writing skills.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
The Accreditation Manager oversees the AATB Accreditation Programs for its institutional members. He/she serves as the primary liaison to the Accreditation Committee. The Accreditation Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Accreditation Program, including the creation, revision, and implementation of all necessary policies, procedures, forms and databases.
The Accreditation Manager oversees the work of the Accreditation Program inspectors as directed by the Chief Policy Officer. He/she also oversees compliance of member institutions with relevant AATB accreditation policies, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Graduate degree or post-graduate certification in business management, quality management, or science-related field preferred.
- 6 years of experience in a regulated industry – preferably in human tissues or medical products, devices, drugs or biologics – including at least two years of experience in observing quality assurance compliance audits, or
- Professional compliance officer experience with at least five years of experience in human tissues or medical products, devices, drugs or biologics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with others to bring complex projects to completion.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of regulatory expectations of the FDA, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements as they may apply to tissue banking.
- Ability to design effective educational programs addressing elements of the inspection and accreditation process.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Director, Marketing and Public Affairs
The Director, Marketing & Public Affairs will initiate and lead all marketing and communications efforts to support the mission of AATB.
Major responsibilities include: developing and implementing an overall AATB marketing and communications plan, coordinating at the strategic and tactical levels with other functions within the organization; creating and executing specific marketing programs to support AATB’s conferences, membership and publications; using social media to expand AATB’s marketing and communications efforts; creating and managing the marketing budget; creating strategic, multifaceted communications programs to advance the industry’s position with key stakeholders; developing speeches and preparing presentations; working with key staff to develop and provide responses to media inquiries, ensuring the organization’s mission and vision are maintained; overseeing all website communications, including development, maintenance and editing and approving content; and, assisting in design and publication of print materials.
- Excellent written and verbal skills Experience with program and content marketing
- Direct knowledge of public affairs strategies and tactics Understanding of the regulatory process
- Ability to translate complex policy issues into well-written material for broad public consumption
- Experience with media relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Strong knowledge of and experience with editing & proofing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially the use of PowerPoint, Word and publishing software